Foreign Transcript/Credential Evaluation Information


The Bureau of Credentialing does not have personnel trained in the evaluation of foreign credentials. It will be necessary for you to contact an organization that provides this service in order to equate your specific educational credentials to the comparable level of educational achievement in the United States. This is true even if the credential is from an English-speaking foreign country (Canada, England, Australia, for example).

To assist the Bureau in determining your credential status, please request a detailed or course-by-course evaluation.

Applicants can request an evaluation from a member organization of one of the two national associations of credential evaluation services:

Credential evaluations have a cost associated with the service and the expense is the responsibility of the applicant. Prior to submitting any documents to a credential evaluation service, applicants may also need to obtain English translations of any non-English documents. The evaluator may provide translation services or might be able to recommend a translation service agency.